How do I get more followers?
“How can I get more followers on my social media platforms?” is one of the most common questions that I get asked. My response is that it’s not about the number of followers but the quality of them, ie how much do they engage and are they your ideal client. That said, it definitely helps to consistently increase your followers authentically.
There are a number of different strategies that you can implement to increase your follower numbers and interactions. Here are my top 5.
- Promote your social media on your website. It is a great way to showcase your accounts to those who may not follow you, so make sure your buttons are visible and connected. Have you seen that mine are at the top and bottom of my pages?
- Optimise your posts. Use the platform analytics / metrics to review which are good posts and which don’t perform so well. Identify the right hashtags and understand how many you can use per platform. Think about how you write the posts, their format and don’t forget to use a call to action – more on this in another blog.
- Actively engage with your audience. Use the 70/30 rule, in that you should spend 70% of your time engaging with other accounts, followers and those that don’t follow you and 30% of it posting content. Get those conversations started and get in front of businesses and people who don’t know that you exist.
- Post consistently – the algorithms prefer it and it makes life easier for your audience. If they know when you are going to turn up they will be expecting you.
- Use as many features as you can. If a platform is releasing a new feature the chances are that they want you to use it so will reward you for doing so. For example, if you are on Instagram, the Reels feature is great as not only does the algorithm promote reels over other features but also anyone can view your reels just by following the reels tab, they are not limited to only seeing those that they already follow, like the grid posts.
So as you can see it’s not just about pretty pictures or thought-provoking quotes, there is a method and process.
To find out more sign up to my mailing list here and I guarantee what I share will save you time and effort.